The Golden Thread of Life: How to Flourish with Gusto
I call my journey the Golden Thread of Life because the road has been like weaving a fine tapestry. Even through the experience of it, my feeling at the time, felt like I was piecing together a rag quilt. There was nothing fine about it. It was more like pricking my finger with my needle while piecing together those rags with each experience I had. I could not see the beauty of what I was trying to achieve, it was simply too painful.
Years after year since that painful time, I have learned to appreciate and see the beauty in my accomplishments. I learned the experience with angst and pain had led me to this time in my life when I was now able to live the life of ease and flourish with gusto. I am now free to choose the projects that give me pleasure and look forward to them with excitement. As Rumi said, “The cure for pain is in the pain.”
Since it is my intention to give you tips on how you can live your life with gusto and experience each adventure with excitement. This will guide you in creating a Golden Thread for your life that will bring you to your golden years of Aging With Ease.
Go For It and
Achieve Your Golden Age Regardless of Obstacles
You can be sure that life will at times be a twisting path of “potholes” around which you must navigate. You’ve likely been through phases of your life already where you wondered if your luck would ever change. Then, things calmed down and you discovered the smoother, straighter road.
No matter where your journey leads, staying focused on what your heart desires in life will keep your spirits high and bring you joy. The golden thread to a fulfilled life, going for the gusto and achieving a golden age with ease comes through setting your intentions and discovering the gold that is in every moment regardless of obstacles.
- Know exactly what you’re after in life. What do you choose for your life to be like? When discover this, you can then plan your activities over the short and long term to help you discover your golden moments to a better life.
- Keep your list of life choices short and to the point. Some good examples of life choices are: “I choose to save 25% of my yearly earnings for kids’ education, vacations and retirement,” “Take budget-friendly vacations out of the country every 5 years,” and “Retire when I’m 67.” And to give yourself a little golden nugget, “This or something better.”
- Infuse elements of using your golden thread to make better choices within your everyday life. Let’s say one of your choices is to travel to Australia three years from now. Have a couple of books about Australia laying around the house, on your coffee table and nightstand. Listen to Australian talk radio shows via the web. Watch television shows about Aussie land.
- Take the golden thread and weave it into parts of your everyday life so that even when life gets bumpy, you’ll be able to keep your eyes on what’s really important to you. After all, it will be right there in front of you.
- Talk positively to yourself. Although some kinds of talking to yourself might not be seen as healthy, it can be quite helpful to use positive self-talk. When you do, you’ll be more likely to keep working toward having more golden moments in your life. Say something like, “I’m in a rough patch but I can still keep saving for my retirement and my kids’ educations and that feels good.” Other examples of positive self-talk are “I can get through this challenging phase just like I did before,” “As long as I keep moving forward, things are okay,” and “Life has in store many more wonderful adventures for me.” Using positive self-talk will keep your spirits buoyed when you feel like you’re floundering in choppy waters.
- Reflect on your efforts in order to reinforce them. Even though you may be struggling, think about the golden threads you wove through your daily life and the golden moment that enriched your days. Maybe you made a couple of phone calls, explored the internet to gather information, or drew up a new budget to ensure you’re on target for saving for the grandest adventure of your life.
- The fact is you did something. And recognizing that will reinforce your efforts in your quest to discover the golden age and the best of you. You can excel in times of great challenge.
- Keep working toward discovering those golden moments even though life throws more than a few obstacles at you. Know what you’re after and stay focused. Make life choices that support use of positive self-talk and discover the gold in you. Acknowledge what you’ve done to keep moving forward and you will discover your greatest treasure, a healthier happier YOU! These are the golden years.
Apply these treasured tips to help you consistently flow to discover your gold. If you do, you’ll accomplish whatever you your heart desires no matter what.